Membership in your local Chamber of Commerce is a circular process. It demonstrates your commitment to your business, and also your community. As the community invests in your business, it is important to put some of those dollars back into the community to keep the money flowing. Active membership in your local Chamber carries with it a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction from the knowledge that you are doing your share in an important job. Join us… It may just be the smartest business decision you’ll ever make!
- The Benefits of Membership Networking: Members utilize chamber activities, events, and publications to make valuable business contacts and to identify potential clients.
- Banquets: Annual Dinner, Fall Open House
- Mixers: Business After Hours, Golf Outing
- Community-wide Events: Fort Koshkonong Rendezvous, Fort Farmers Market, Sidewalk Sales, and Rhythm on the River
- Recognition & Credibility: The Chamber is one of the most credible business organizations in the area. Prominently displaying your membership plaque associates the Chamber’s good name with your business, giving you an edge in the market place.
- Business Referrals: The Chamber refers all business leads to chamber members only when people call for advice or business assistance. The Chamber office handles hundreds of business referrals to members each year.
- Awards: Anniversaries, Small Business Person of the Year, Friend of the Chamber, Economic Contribution, Tourism Counts, Leadership, Dollars of Clear Profit.
- Focus On Members: Our member newsletter, Focus on Fort, features a section for any recent news about member businesses.
- Members shop members: Our members are loyal and give business to fellow members.
- Introduction at 1st event: We will announce you at the first chamber event that you attend.
- Ribbon cutting/Ground breaking: We help you celebrate the start of a new business or new construction.
- Newsletter: The Chamber’s newsletter, Focus on Fort, goes to 950+ business owners and top management people. It features articles of interest to keep our members informed and abreast of important issues. Advertising is offered at very reasonable rates.
- Web page: All members are listed on the Chamber web page Preferred Business Directory, and can have a link from the Chamber web page to their own business page.
- Business Directory: All Chamber members are listed, free of charge, in our membership directory which is distributed to hundreds of visitors and residents each year.
- Quality of Life Book: This colorful, quality of life reference targets newcomers and people considering relocation to our area. It provides information on education, housing, health care, business, and recreation – all of the things that go into good living. Display ads purchased in the publication reach thousands of prospective residents, as the publication is distributed at the Chamber and by mail in response to telephone and written inquiries.
- City Map: Our four-color Fort Atkinson street map provides valuable information to area visitors, residents, tourists, businesses, and newcomers. Display ads are available on the map, which reaches thousands of potential customers and clients.
- B2B: Get the word out, via email, to over 950 members of the Fort Atkinson business community. You design a flyer announcing your upcoming business event, and we’ll send it, via email, to all active Chamber representatives.
- Sponsorships: Get your name out, while donating for a good cause! When you sponsor or donate, we make sure to recognize your business name in the newsletter, press releases, newspaper, radio, etc.
- Discounts: Chamber members receive discounts for Chamber-sponsored seminars, training programs and Chamber functions.
- Tax Deductions: Chamber membership is a tax deductible business expense.
- Free Services: Members are welcome to use either one of our conference rooms, receive business directories, membership lists, industry & manufacturing lists, and service organization lists at no cost. Our bulk mail postage stamp is also available to members free of charge.
ADVOCACY & LEGISLATION
- Another set of eyes: Eyes of specialized observers who maintain a watch on legislation which affects every citizen of the community, and watching to be sure the “life quality” of the Fort Atkinson area is maintained.
- Another Voice: A “down-to-earth” voice of business, presenting YOUR views on legislation, taxes, employment, industry, safety, education, transportation, and many other issues.
- Legislative Updates: The Chamber sponsors many legislative updates on city, state, and county issues to inform you of what is happening regarding you and your business.
- Education: Continually improving our public education system is an overall goal of business. An adequately-trained workforce is a great asset to attracting new businesses and encouraging local business expansions. The Chamber has specific education programs that enhance the efforts of local groups and offer Chamber members an opportunity to be involved.
- Project Business: Chamber members teach a 9 week class to eighth graders about stocks, entrepreneurship, etc.
- Project LEAD: A class created to seek emerging leaders and prepare them for positions of public leadership. Through a series of monthly training sessions, Project LEAD emphasizes leadership concepts and community needs.
- School to Work: The Chamber works hand-in-hand with the Fort Atkinson School District to prepare students for employment in your business.
- Education projects: Sponsor a Project Business class.
- Retail Check Alert: A stolen, lost or fraudulent check reporting service to retail members. We pride ourselves on a 24 hour turn around notification system that helps businesses with loss prevention.
- Resource Center: The Chamber is equipped with business statistics, demographics, small business education and financing information, as well as, statewide tourism information.
- Increase Tourism: Spreading the word about recreational facilities, special events, commercial activity and community assets, thereby increasing tourism benefits and encouraging new business development. The Chamber sells your city.
- Voice of the community: The rallying point and central organization for people of the community to join hands to promote projects that benefit the community, their families, and their business.
- Multiply your effectiveness in the community: The Chamber provides the structure, volunteer leadership, professional staff, and full-time office to implement effective programs and projects that meet the needs of a growing community.
- Information display: Our Chamber has the biggest tourism and member information display in Jefferson County.
- Chamber Gift Certificates: Only Chamber members are allowed to accept Chamber Gift Certificates, which keep people “Shopping Fort First.”
- Nurture Ideas: In all areas of community and business development, ideas are built upon when the Chamber leadership gets behind them.