One can find a representation of almost every medical specialty in the Fort Atkinson area, including pediatrics, orthopedics, chiropractic care, dermatology, obstetrics and gynecology, sports medicine and rehabilitation, internal medicine, mental health, dental and orthodontic offices, optometry, ophthalmology and alternative medicines.
The majority of the health care needs of Fort Atkinson residents are met by Fort HealthCare, which provides quality healthcare to residents of Jefferson, Walworth, Rock and Dane Counties.
In 2006, a $38 million renovation and 96,000 square foot addition to Fort Memorial Hospital was completed, resulting in a state-of-the-art health and wellness facility.
Programs and Services of Fort HealthCare include:
- An occupational medicine program for local businesses
- A home health program for people needing care at home
- Outpatient mental and behavioral health counselors and psychiatrists
- A community education program
- A full-service 110-bed hospital with emergency, inpatient and outpatient services
- A variety of individual clinics that provide both primary and specialty care
- Rehabilitation services including physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, cardiac rehabilitation and sports medicine specialists
Programs and Services of Fort HealthCare’s Fort Memorial Hospital include:
- A 24-hour physician staffed emergency department
- A birthing center, which sees the birth of approximately 450 babies each year
- Outpatient clinic, which provides a variety of specialty services and a full array of endoscopy services
- Inpatient and outpatient surgery including orthopedic, gynecology, general, urology, ophthalmology, plastic and otolaryngology
- Additional vital services include a laboratory, pharmacy, diagnostic imaging, cardiac evaluation, nutrition counseling and respiratory therapy
For more information log on to: http://www.forthealthcare.com