Fort Atkinson Jingle Contest
Hello, Fort Friends! We have reserved several radio spots for this fall and beyond, and we’d like the community’s help coming up with the perfect jingle to promote Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin. We’re reaching out to amateurs and professionals, kids and adults, school groups, choirs, bands, and people who normally just sing alone in their cars. Could YOU be Fort Atkinson’s winning jingler?
Entries are now being accepted now through November 1, 2022.
Here are some guidelines and rules:
- Anyone of any skill level may participate. If you’re under age 18, you will need your parent or guardian’s permission.
- This contest is open to everyone, not just residents of Fort Atkinson.
- Lyrics and music must be original. While the performer or performers do not need to be the writers, all creators and performers should be properly credited. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.
- Jingle should be no longer than ten seconds long and must include “Fort Atkinson” at least once.
- Jingle placement most likely will be at the end of radio advertisements but may be used in other ways.
- Quality counts. Clear recordings have a better chance of being selected than muffled or quiet recordings.
- While both video clips and audio clips are acceptable, video clips are preferred.
- All submissions become the property of The Fort Atkinson Area Chamber of Commerce and may be used as the Chamber chooses.
- While the Chamber may share submissions and encourage the public to vote and give feedback, the winner(s) will be selected solely by the Chamber Board or by a to-be-determined Jingle Committee.
- Submissions may NOT be anonymous. Submissions will be shared on the Chamber’s social media accounts and elsewhere and the applicants and winner(s) will be given due credit and publicly identified.
- The Chamber reserves the right to use and share no, any, or all submissions for future advertising and promotional purposes with no end date.
- Entry deadline is end of day on November 1, 2022.
This contest is for bragging rights and some great prizes including Chamber gift certificates. (If you’re a local business and you’d like to donate a prize to show your support, let us know!)
To submit a video or audio clip, complete and sign the application below and email it along with your jingle submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may enter more than once, but a properly completed form is required for each entry. For group submissions with more than one participant, each participant or participant’s parent or guardian must sign an entry form.
Then be sure to follow the Fort Atkinson Area Chamber of Commerce Facebook page and our other social media accounts where you may see your entry shared soon!
Fort Atkinson Jingle Contest Entry Form
Jingle song title ______________________________________________________________
Name of jingle writer(s) _______________________________________________________
Name of jingle performer(s) ____________________________________________________
Jingle lyrics _________________________________________________________________
Are creators and performers all 18 or older? Yes ____ No _____
If no, parent or guardian signature(s) required:
By submitting this application form and the corresponding jingle (hereinafter the “creation”), the undersigned acknowledge(s) and agree(s) to the following: (i) the undersigned is/are the sole designer(s) of the creation herein now submitted for consideration and that the contents of the creation are original and do not infringe upon any copyright or any intellectual rights of others, and that the undersigned has/have the unencumbered right to make this submission; (ii) except as provided below, the undersigned has/have not previously used, sold or shared the creation elsewhere; (iii) undersigned grant(s) the Fort Atkinson Area Chamber of Commerce and any other involved organizations, the right to perpetually use the creation, including, but not limited to: reproduction, posting, displaying, creation of derivative works, or documenting the work in any media or in any form, without limitation for promotional, documentary, celebratory or any other commercial or non-commercial purposes; and (iv) the undersigned has/have read and agree with all of the terms and conditions of this agreement and hereby absolve the Fort Atkinson Area Chamber of Commerce and the City of Fort Atkinson or its representatives from any claim or loss, either past, present or future, in association with the creation. The undersigned further agree(s) and understand(s) that this contest is for “bragging rights” and a limited number of prizes only. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the undersigned retain(s) the right to share and use the submitted creation for the undersigned’s own personal use on his/her/their own private social media accounts but shall at time relevant hereto be prohibited from selling or using the creation to promote other destinations, businesses or brands. The terms of the contest shall be binding on the undersigned and the undersigned’s successors, assigns, representatives or administrators.