March 2nd (Saturday) 4 p - 7 p
2 Rivers Bicycle and Outdoor
33 W Sherman Avenue Fort Atkinson WI
There comes a time when we want Winter to end and begin riding our bicycles outside! To get you in the mood, we have organized an awesome event with great speakers, product demonstrations, door prizes, food and beverages. We hope you can join us!
4 p.m. - 5:15 p.m. - SPEAKERS
- Jefferson County Cycling - State of the Union (Joe Nehmer - Director of Jefferson County Parks Department): Jefferson County is one of the top cycling counties in the state. Bike trails, a county road cycling network and great mountain biking equate to an awesome place to live and play! Joe will provide an update on the latest cycling infrastructure initiatives in Jefferson County including: the Interurban Trail Project, Glacial River Trail Mountain Bike Park and more!
- Trek Travel: Cycling Vacations of a Lifetime (Madeline Gibson - Trek Travel): Time to start dreaming about where your bike will take you next! A Trek Travel representative will be providing a high-level summary of the variety of luxury cycling vacations in 50+ destinations all over the world. Be prepared to hear about everything from the hidden trails of Costa Rica to the bike paths of our nation’s national parks. With so many places to explore, there’s a destination for every rider! We live in an awesome cycling county
- Gravel Cycling - One of the Fastest Growing Segments of Cycling (Steve Kalk - QBP/Salsa Bicycles): Gravel cycling isn't one type of riding. It is pavement, fire road, rail trails and single track all mixed together. Think of gravel bikes as multi-purpose daily/family transport that transition seamlessly to all surface adventure rigs on the weekend. Like a Jeep that gets good gas mileage :). Steve will discuss the growth of this segment and some of the awesome products Salsa makes to support this rising segment.
5:15 p.m. - 7 p.m. - EXPO
- Product Demo / Q&A: Our experts from Salsa, Saris/Cycleops and 2 Rivers staff will be available to answer any and all questions you have on bicycles, car racks, accessories and more
- Trek Travel Q&A: Trek Travel will be available to discuss cycling vacation questions and options. Start planning that next awesome adventure!
- Bicycle fit / Comfort: Our fit expert Carl Matson will be available to answer any and all questions regarding bicycle fit and comfort. Just a few millimeters or a different seat or stem can make a major difference in making you comfortable.
- Food and beverage: Hangout, stuff your face and catch up with your cycling compatriots!