How We Work
Our Mission Statement
Mission: To promote and maintain a strong business community in the Fort Atkinson area.
Vision: Be recognized as Jefferson County’s leading economy.
Keep P.A.C.E. with the Fort Atkinson Area Chamber of Commerce. We Promote, Advocate, Connect, and Educate our members.
Over 100 Years of Serving Area Businesses!
The Fort Atkinson Area Chamber of Commerce Offices and Visitor Center in Downtown Fort Atkinson
What is a Chamber?
- A Chamber of Commerce is a voluntary organization of citizens who are investing their time and money in a community development program – working together to improve the economic, civic, and cultural well-being of the area.
- The work of a Chamber is financed by the investment of the members who support it on the basis of their ability to pay and their interest in the progress of the area.
- The Chamber of Commerce is composed of committee workers, directors, and officers who serve without pay. A Chamber executive and staff are the only paid employees.
- A Chamber of Commerce helps to create job opportunities through stimulation of industrial and commercial growth. It seeks the improvement of community facilities such as streets, highways, parks, schools, marketing facilities and human resources.
2016-20 Strategic Initiatives
- American Chamber of Commerce Executive (ACCE)
- Bicycle Federation of Wisconsin
- Circle Wisconsin
- Fort Atkinson Historical Society
- Greater Madison Convention & Vistor Bureau
- Jefferson County Economic Development Consortium (JCEDC)
- Jefferson County Tourism Council
- Wisconsin Association of Manufacturers & Commerce (WMC)
- Wisconsin Chamber of Commerce Executives (WCCE)
- Wisconsin Hotel & Lodging Association
Program of Work
The Chamber promotes managed growth with vision and a diverse business base.
- Promote transportation infrastructure improvement
- Link with City to promote Business Park
- Sell Chamber Gift Certificates to promote local shopping
- Provide business development assistance:
- CBD Revitalization Loan Program
- Available space inventory
- Encourage entrepreneurial ventures
- Technology Zone
- Resource for demographics
- City Map, Quality of Life Book
The Chamber promotes tourism for economic benefit, community awareness and business opportunities.
- Visitor Information Center
- Web site: www.fortchamber.com
- Promote events
- Advertising and PR Campaigns
- Produce and print visitor information
- Market to group tours
- Participate in Jefferson County Tourism Council
The Chamber works to attract, develop and retain a quality workforce.
- New Teacher Welcome
- Senior Class Portfolio Interviews
- Lemonade Day
- WMC Business World
- Liaison-Business access to services
- Career Fairs at MATC, UW Whitewater and Fort Atkinson High School
Watch a video from the 2013 Fort Atkinson Community Career Fair.
The Chamber is the voice for business. We advocate for our members and communicate on issues.
- Candidates Forums
- City Projects Breakfasts
- Running for Public Office Workshop
- Legislators Breakfast
- WMC Legislative Update
- Leadership Roundtable
The Chamber works to promote, enhance and celebrate the community’s quality of life.
- Build community pride through events:
- Fort Koshkonong Rendezvous
- Rhythm On The River
- Holiday Parade
- Retail and Recreation Promotions
- Holiday Open House
- Farmers Market
- Christmas Decorations, Street Banners, Welcome Signs