Human Resources Specialist
The School District of Fort Atkinson is accepting applications for a Human Resources Specialist.
The Human Resources Specialist provides administrative support to the Director of Human Resources and assists with the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties. The Human Resources Specialist supports an employee-oriented culture that focuses on quality, productivity, positive morale, goal attainment, and the recruitment and development of productive employees.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS GENERAL
• Prepares, duplicates and distributes memos, correspondence, reports, agendas, surveys, and other documents as directed.
• Answers telephone, takes messages, responds to emails and provides information.
• Greets and assists walk-ins to the Human Resources office.
• Routes, sorts, and distributes department mail as appropriate.
• Schedules meetings and appointments.
• Organizes and maintains an efficient filing system.
• Works with department administration to ensure collaborative communication between the district and Teachers on Call.
• Maintain HR inventory, process invoices, maintain HR Director Credit Card.
PERSONNEL RECORDS / EMPLOYMENT
• Posts vacancies and assists in hiring process for all positions.
• Maintains personnel records.
• Prepares and sends staff conditional offers and employment letters. Distributes copies to appropriate personnel.
• Coordinates correspondence and recordkeeping involved in hiring employees. Includes keeping record of applications, posting positions, monitoring timelines, serving as contact person for applicants who call or come in, scheduling interviews, and keeping track of the intake of necessary materials and correspondence with applicants.
• Completes Criminal Record inquiries for staff and schedules necessary follow-up meetings.
• Monitors receipt of all hiring paperwork for staff including completing I-9 forms and updating new employee hiring checklists.
• Prepares “change in assignment” or “transfer” letters for all internal hires or in-district transfers.
• Assists with preparation, distribution, and collection of new hire and annual contracts for certified staff, notices of reasonable assurance for non-certified staff, contracts for administrators, and annual compensation notices for all staff.
• Enters and ensure integrity of HRIS data, including staff information, salary, experience, address, pay, and assignment. • Assists with preparation and submission of all required state, federal, and district personnel reports.
• Assists with Open Enrollment efforts for all eligible active employees.
• Support the recruitment and staffing needs of the district.
• Completes and sends Verification of Employment forms for staff.
• Sends resignation letters to staff.
• Assists with staff orientations.
AESOP / ABSENCE MANAGEMENT
• Maintain listing of subs to call and call as needed.
• Enter jobs in Aesop for in-services, meetings, professional development, etc.
• Enter new employees into Aesop.
• Runs reports as requested.
• Acts as Aesop administrator to assist staff with navigation of system and password inquiries/resets. LICENSING
• Assists staff with completion of DPI license applications.
• Maintains licenses and updates license information in database.
• Sends out annual notifications to staff whose licenses are expiring and monitors renewal and return.
• Conducts orientation with new administrators to familiarize them with district systems (WECAN, Skyward, etc.)
• Maintains Human Resources Department page(s) on the district website.
• Provides assistance and input to Director of Human Resources regarding presentations, handbook changes, or other items as requested.
• Reserves meeting rooms as needed.
• Organizes and participates in the human resources committee’s meetings and agenda/goal setting and other sub committees as designated by management and the board of education.
• Assume responsibility for individual professional growth and remain current in laws, regulations and best practices of position.
• Reports for work on a regular basis and is absent only for reasons of illness, emergency, or other approved leaves.
• Performs such other duties as may be assigned by the Human Resources Director.
Hours: 7:30am-4:30pm (One hour unpaid lunch)
• Associate's Degree or equivalent, preferably in human resources or other related field.
• Two years of professional-level human resource experience preferred, ideally in a school setting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Experience with or knowledge of educational institutions.
• Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills.
• Extreme accuracy and attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
• Strong grammar and proof-reading skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and human relation skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Initiative and self-motivation to work independently.
• Ability to operate most standard office equipment, including the ability to effectively use a variety of technologies including but not limited to: word processing, email systems, internet, and the ability to adapt to changes in technology.
• Ability to perform duties with awareness of all District requirements and Board of Education policies.
All applicants must apply on WECAN. Please include a letter of application, resume, and letters of recommendations. The School District of Fort Atkinson will only accept applications for vacant positions via WECAN.