FCCU Mortgage Loan Officer
Fort Community Credit Union is seeking a full-time Mortgage Loan Officer to add to our Watertown team.
Location and Branch Hours: Watertown Branch: 633 S Church Street, Watertown, WI 53094
- 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday
- 8:00 am - 12:00 pm, Saturday
- Closed Sunday
Salary: $45k - $54k base pay plus commission.
Company Benefits/Perks: Fort Community Credit Union is committed to supporting our staff just as well as we support our credit union members by offering a robust benefits package including:
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Vacation, sick and personal time
- Medical and dependent flexible spending account (FSA)
- Health Spending Account (HSA)
- Life Insurance (company paid)
- STD, LTD
- 401(k) retirement…… AND MORE!
Education and Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- At least two years of previous mortgage loan processing or equivalent experience required.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred but not required.
- Develop mortgage loan business through member seminars and calls to realtors, contractors, and other institutions.
- Establish and monitor control procedures for first-mortgage loan portfolio.
- Interview loan applicants and assist members with the loan application process.
- Obtain and evaluate credit bureau reports on applicants.
- Pull credit reports for all accounts, verify debts, and estimate monthly payments for any outstanding debts not listed and add them to debts on application.
- Approve or deny real-estate loan applications, and explain reasons for denial.
- Ensure that each real-estate loan is processed accurately.
- Prepare mortgage loan application and document packet for closing.
- Pay title company fees for title searches, legal work, and appraisals.
- Pay real-estate taxes, including calculating tax shortages and new monthly payments.
- Maintain accurate records of insurance and taxes on real-estate loans.
- Maintain escrow accounts for the payment of members’ taxes and insurance premiums.
- Manage second-mortgage portfolio, and develop marketing plans for these products.
- Monitor delinquent real-estate loans, and take action as necessary.
- File necessary papers with the state land title for second mortgages.
An Equal Opportunity Employer