Full Time Sous Chef
Are you looking to take your cook experience to the next level? The Fireside Kitchen is seeking a Sous Chef!
The Sous Chef is responsible for assisting the Executive Chef in overseeing all kitchen functions. This is a leadership position responsible for the development and operation of the kitchen team to support one of the most critical factors in our success, food quality.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Assumes complete charge of the kitchen in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- Responsible for food safety and sanitation.
- Monitors/manages waste and food cost related to products.
- Manages inventory rotation and product storage standards.
- Ensures that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to The Fireside's recipes, portioning, cooking, and serving standards.
- Makes sure all equipment is kept clean and in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following The Fireside's preventative maintenance programs. Perform basic repairs as needed to the kitchen equipment or know to seek the help of a maintenance technician who can complete the repair.
- Assists in employment decisions including, interviewing, hiring, scheduling, evaluating and disciplining kitchen staff as appropriate.
- Develops, trains and cross-trains all team members within the kitchen.
Candidates must be available to work Full Time Hours Wednesday through Sunday.
Full Time Benefits:
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401 (k) with company match
- Paid Vacation
- Free meals
- Preview Night – employee and guest see the show for free
- Awards and recognition program
- Percent off on Gift Shop Merchandise