Restaurant General Manager
Restaurant General Manager – Franchise Taco Bell International
||Taco Bell International
||Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell is a leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant brand that is a part of Yum! Brands, Inc. which includes Pizza Hut and KFC. Founded on innovation and passion with Glen Bell bringing tacos to the masses in a world of hot dog and hamburger stands in 1962, today we have nearly 7000 restaurants in the United States and over 400 restaurants in 27 countries outside of the United States. The future holds 2,000 more restaurants across the globe within the next decade. It's easy to see we’re in the business of making tacos, but at heart, we’re a business that’s fueled by the Live Más energy and passion of people serving people.
What is “Live Más”?
Equally important to the job role and responsibilities is making sure the Restaurant General Manager can represent the amazing Live Más! culture that is Taco Bell. At Taco Bell, we embrace breakthrough thinking and innovative ideas that continue to differentiate us from our competitors. We have a maniacal focus on our customers, never follow, and always celebrate the accomplishments of our people. If you want to have fun serving great food to our customers, we would love to meet with you.
||About the Job:
Reporting to the Area Coach, the Restaurant General Manager manages a Taco Bell restaurant within the policies and guidelines of the company to ensure customer satisfaction and profit maximization. The RGM will perform hands-on work to train employees, respond to customer service needs, and model appropriate behaviors in the restaurant. This role provides overall leadership through building a culture of recognition while motivating the team with the goal of operational excellence.
Build People Capability
Deliver a Consistent Customer Experience
- Drives culture, problem solves, resolves conflicts, communicates and motivates to drive results through others
- Recruit and equip high quality operators to deliver great customer experiences
- Build a healthy and robust bench of developed and capable Managers and Team Members
- Leads performance management process for all employees in their restaurant
- Lead by example – be a culture champion and live by Taco Bell HUNGRY principles: Hungry, Understanding, Never Follow, Grateful, Relentless, and Youthful
- Leverage culture and people capability to fuel brand performance
- Provides leadership and coaching, developing Manager’s and Team Members
Grow the Brand, Sales and Profits
- Ensure complete and timely execution of corporate & local marketing programs
- Ensure a safe working and customer experience environment by facilitating safe work behaviors of the team
- Control day-to-day operations by scheduling labor and ordering food and supplies, to successfully fulfil the needs of a $500k - $2.0m restaurant with average daily transactions of 500-800
- Ensure local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policies are met
- Drives customer-focused culture by serving as a role model in resolving serious customer issues and training managers to meet or exceed customer service standards
- Utilizes insights from customer programs to help elevate the customer’s experience and meet Taco Bell’s customer satisfaction targets
- Tracks, analyzes and identifies root causes of customer complaints and leads management team to implement systematic solutions, performance standards and to provide an objective basis for performance feedback
- Builds SMART action plans to resolve issues in their restaurant
- Monitors restaurant Speed with Service (SWS) performance and provides coaching to unit management teams to meet performance targets
- Control Profit & Loss by following cash control/security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing labor, reviewing financial reports, and taking appropriate actions
- Ensure maintenance of equipment, facility, and grounds through the use of a Preventative Maintenance Plan based on Company Standards
- Reviews and prioritizes store capital expenditure requests and establishes common vendor relationships where scale can be leveraged
- Ensures that facilities and equipment are maintained to Taco Bell standards; coordinates facility upgrades or equipment replacement
- Analyzes sales, labor, inventory and controllables on a continual basis and coaches on corrective action to meet or achieve margin and sales growth targets
- Works with management team to develop and deliver unit-specific Annual Operating Plans
||Is This You?
- High School minimum, University Degree Preferred
- 2-4 years of operational management experience in the Quick Service Restaurant industry or retail environment including Profit & Loss responsibility
- Basic business math and accounting skills to manage Profit & Loss in their restaurant and strong analytical/decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Good oral/written communication skills and strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills with exceptional team building capability
- Strong analytical/decision-making skills
- Basic personal computer literacy
- Is passionate about providing excellence in execution of quality food, service, cleanliness and speed standards
- Is a Dynamic, energetic and positive leader, a self-starter, proactively driven to get things done and does the right thing for the business
- Provides leadership and coaching for each employee in their restaurant
- Demonstrated track record of workplace achievement in the selection, coaching and development of managerial employees
- Proven ability to drive customer satisfaction, financial performance and employee satisfaction
|Why Taco Bell?
||We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with Más!
- We are about more than just building restaurants—we connect with our fans through their passions including sports, gaming, and music
- We know that employees want a company they can live and grow with; they crave a unique culture that fosters creativity and encourages pursuit of passion, and they look for opportunities to take risks, develop skills and learn in ways that fit their lifestyle
- We foster a culture of authenticity and believe all people can make a difference