Hybrid Pharmacy Technician - Sales Associate
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Hometown Pharmacy is a curation of 70+ independent pharmacies that focus on personalized patient care. We are evolving the face of healthcare by educating and empowering our patients and communities to make informed decisions about their health. We offer unparalleled services in pharmacy, clinical and long term care, as well as personal service, health education and convenience. Hometown Pharmacies are committed to our customers and our communities. Our family caring for your family.
Hometown offers competitive wages, benefits, great hours and we encourage our pharmacists to spend time with our customers. Our motto is, "Our Family Caring for Your Family" and we mean it. Our pharmacies tend to be located in smaller communities where we are able to foster meaningful bonds with our customers, educating them about wellness and empowering them to make important healthcare decisions.
EOE STATEMENT We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. CATEGORY Pharmacy LOCATION Fort Atkinson Hometown Pharmacy DESCRIPTION
Summary: Sales associates generally spend a large portion of their work day communicating with customers, providing information regarding product benefits, ensuring that customers are satisfied with their experience in the store, and keeping the store in presentable manner. A Pharmacy Technician is responsible for carrying out duties that assist licensed pharmacists to manage a pharmacy. This involves carrying out basic pharmacy tasks such as greeting customers, answering the phone, managing inventory and supplies, and entering and filling prescriptions for the Pharmacist to double-check. Some retail and POS experience is preferred. Professional telephone skills are a must, as well as excellent customer service skills. The ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a team environment is essential.
FULL-TIME/PART-TIME Full-Time and/or Part-Time POSITION Hybrid Pharmacy Technician - Sales Associate POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Keeping the work environment neat and clean.
- Ensuring that all products or merchandise are placed in their respective areas.
- Ensuring that all stock is replenished.
- Helping customers locate merchandise or find suitable alternatives.
- Participating in periodic team meetings.
- Actively engaged in developing more effective customer service skills.
- Being knowledgeable about the benefits and uses of each product.
- Communicating with managers regarding customer concerns and employee matters.
- Greeting customers with a positive demeanor.
- Maintaining an enthusiastic and upbeat personality.
- Handling sales transactions, which may include operating cash registers.
- Providing honest and positive feedback to customers regarding the best products that fit the customers’ expectations.
- Conform to all HIPAA standards
- Store maintenance: file paperwork, clean store, keep professional presentation
- Work as part of a team to provide all Patient Care Services: immunizations, blister packing, med boxes, prescription delivery
- Maintains workflow
- Pharmacy opening and closing procedures
- Screens telephone calls for the pharmacist
- Communicates with prescribers and their agents to obtain refill authorizations
- Provide customer service via telephone and in person.
- Maintain accurate cash till and report errors to Gift Manager.
- Process retail sales transactions.
- Wrap or bag customer purchases, ensuring that product won’t break.
- Set and maintain Hallmark card product.
- Check inventory and pricing on product for customers.
- Relay special customer requests to the Gift Manager.
- Process new Loyalty Card Program purchases if applicable.
- Assist in displaying product.
- Price merchandise.
- Assist customers in choosing gift items.
- Inflate balloons and create balloon bouquets if applicable.
- Perform projects and responsibilities as assigned.
- Straighten product, dust displays, vacuum or sweep floors, empty garbage and ensure that public restrooms are cleaned on a daily basis.
- Provide excellent customer service