RN Case Manager - Home Hospice, Full Time
Come work in an environment that will make you glad you're a health care professional! Use your nursing skills to provide high quality home care to terminally-ill patients.
Rainbow Hospice Care is currently accepting applications for a full-time RN Case Manager. This position is primarily day shift, but also includes a required on-call, weekend, and holiday rotation. The RN Case Manager provides skilled nursing care to patients in their homes and administers medications and treatments.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and supervises the planning, coordination, and delivery of patient/family care.
- Implements physician orders and maintains communication with patients primary care physician.
- Educates family members on patient care skills, meds, treatments, use of equipment, and on signs and symptoms of the dying and grieving process.
- Maintains communication with interdisciplinary team members through participation in bi-weekly meetings.
- Visually observes and interprets changes in behavior and psychological and physiological status of patient for ongoing assessment.
- Develops nursing diagnosis and individualized care plans for each patient and modifies care plan based on ongoing assessment of patient condition.
- Documents medication given, care given, patient condition, assessment, and patient diagnosis on patient chart.
- Completes documentation in a timely manner and maintains integrity of the patient chart.
- Attends trainings and staff meetings as required.
Personal Qualifications include:
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
- Ability to direct and apply problem-solving techniques in resolving issues.
- Ability to drive to and from patients homes and to meetings at other locations as necessary.
- Ability to maintain healthy boundaries.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships.
- Ability to be self-directed.
- Ability to handle stressful and emergency situations.
Leadership and management experience preferred. Hospice, Home Health, ER, Oncology or Med Surg experience preferred. Wisconsin RN licensure is required. Valid drivers license required. COVID vaccination series required.
Excellent Benefits! EOE
This just may be the career that you've been looking for!