Jones Dairy Farm, a family owned and operated business for over 131 years, is searching for a 2nd Shift Utilities/Refrigeration Technician. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who can demonstrate initiative, drive and the ability to work in a team environment.
Responsible for the service, repair and preventative maintenance of the ammonia refrigeration system, wastewater, compressed air, HVAC, and general facility maintenance. Participate in the Process Safety Management (PSM) program and development and maintenance of ammonia system SOPs. Daily communication with the Maintenance Supervisor to improve a plant reliability and preventative maintenance.
- Operate, monitor, service and repair equipment for steam, refrigeration, water, compressed air and HVAC systems.
- Make rounds and keep logs of daily operations and events for multiple engine rooms and refrigeration equipment
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of ammonia refrigeration compressors, condensers, pumps, vessels / recirculators, purgers, evaporators / MAU’s, heat exchangers, and control valves / isolation valves while using the Original Equipment Manufacture’s guidelines
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of steam boilers, wastewater treatment facility, hot water heaters, HVAC systems and air compressors
- Participates in the PSM Program
- Provide a safe and reliable, efficient operation
- Promotes Safe working habits
- Protect customers’ product by monitoring temperatures and making adjustments to maintain temperatures
- Log time and material usage into Maximo for PMs and corrective maintenance
- Responsible for housekeeping of engine rooms, vessel areas, shops, and all other work areas
- Background that includes, but not limited to boilers, air compressor equipment, understanding of plant utilities systems, equipment installation and startups
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in Ammonia Refrigeration or related field
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, manuals and P&ID’s
- PSM experience
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers at all levels
- Experience working with vendors and contractors
- RETA certification preferred-if not certified, it will be required that RETA courses and certification is completed with the first year of employment
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package. Qualified candidates only should submit resume and apply online at www.jonesdairyfarm.com/careers.