Manufacturer of Premium Meat Products in Fort Atkinson
Jones Dairy Farm, a family owned and operated business for over 130 years, is seeking a Food/Meat Scientist. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to Interact and collaborate with management/employees and suppliers to develop new products as well as assist in new and existing product formulations.
Under the direction of the Culinary & PD Manager, responsible for developing new products, adapting current products based on requests from internal and external customers, evaluating new procedures, suppliers, ingredients and equipment to maintain or improve product’s distinctive quality. The role will also be involved in finding products and ingredient functionalities to assist in new and existing product formulations. Responsible for new product and cost savings ideas and implementation. Responsible for developing sensory and shelf-life planning. Interacts and collaborates with JDF management/employees and suppliers.
- Successfully develops and manages sensory and shelf-life planning
- Successfully provides Operations start-up support on accepted new products.
- Researches, develops and presents original new product concepts.
- Researches and develops original cost savings projects.
- Research products and ingredient functionalities to assist in new and improving existing product formulations.
- Handles special projects willingly and completes them accurately and timely.
- Maintains a professional and cooperative relationship with all departments and production team members.
- BS in Meat Science, Food Science or related Science, required.
- 5 years of related experience, preferred.
- Knowledge of bacon and/ or ham processing techniques.
- Knowledge with formulating and working with both fresh and cooked sausages and experience with sausage cooking methods and equipment including smoking techniques preferred.
- Spice and ingredient expertise, desired.
- Strong interpersonal, decision-making and communication skills
- Ability to problem solve using internal and external sources to make technical scientific advances.
- Excellent organization and leadership skills
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Must be familiar with USDA regulations, labeling formats and package designs.
- Advanced problem solving skills and a high attention to detail
Majority of work duties are conducted in manufacturing environment. Lifting up to 50# on occasion. Must also have the visual and manual dexterity to operate computer and general office equipment. Minimal overnight travel required.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package. Qualified candidates should submit resume and apply on line @ www.jonesdairyfarm.com/careers