In-depth knowledge of Manufacturing Engineering principles, practices, procedures and processes. The candidate must have sufficient skills to perform required design, set up, tooling, preventative quality control, cost control and establishing error proof work standards. General knowledge of cost accounting for estimating costs of new product in production. Ability to analyze complex problems, develop innovative solutions. Be able to deal with ambiguity and frequent changes in priorities as required. Actively contributes to the development of cell layouts or floor plans, conducts DOE or other tests and troubleshoots problems with product or equipment. Documents manufacturing procedures and results. Solves complex technical problems
Core Job Duties
- Design, specify, develop, implement and improve manufacturing processes and tools needed to support the manufacturing teams.
- Support qualification plans like AQPQ, PPAP, perform DOE or other experiments and tests to validate production processes and to meet internal or customer requirements. Analyze process capability using 6 sigma, Cpk or other methods and tools
- Support production with day to day issues and problems. Resolve issues quickly and accurately.
- Support lean manufacturing initiatives/kaizen events
- Develop and document manufacturing methods, practices, procedures, and standards that will help sustain manufacturing efficiency and maintain process control. Develop routings.
- Support NPI efforts by preparing new products for release to manufacturing; support Design for Manufacturing (DFM) efforts
- Support the implementation and integration of automation in the manufacturing process.
Education and Experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering. 5+ years working in a manufacturing environment. Experience with electromechanical manufacturing. Lean MFG processes, 5S, Poke-yoke, 8D reporting, CA/RCCA
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Experience with Solid works or similar CAD system is a plus.
- Working knowledge of SAP or other ERP/MES systems
- Experience working with manufacturing automation is a plus.
- Strong communication skills; must have an ability to prepare test reports and other technical documents
- Must possess strong analytical skills
- Able to work independently without close supervision.
- Experience within an ISO9001 environment
- Willingness to take a ‘hands-on’ approach to support manufacturing
- Ability to travel domestically on occasion. Some lifting of tooling, parts and various equipment (up to 50lb)
- Working in a factory with some high Noise, heavy products, overhead cranes and high temperatures. Some office work preparing reports or collecting data