Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Located in Fort Atkinson, the Wisconsin Packaging Division specializes in the design and manufacturing of corrugated packaging and displays. To stay competitive, we emphasize continuous improvement in technology, efficiency and design.
We currently have a 2nd Shift Production Supervisor position available.
- Directly supervises all 2nd shift production employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Green Bay Packaging policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; performance appraisals; rewarding and disciplining employees; conflict resolution; team building; coaching and leading employees to improve; addressing complaints and resolving problems; documentation; and setting an example of superior behavior, attitude, and performance.
- Maintain quality, efficiencies, and production levels set by management. Communicate these standards to your employees.
- Report quality concerns to Plant Manager. Assist in determining quality guidelines.
- Establish high morale within your department by showing fairness, consistency, and an interest in employee problems. Maintain confidentiality.
- Coordinate with Plant Manager and Maintenance Supervisor on any repairs or preventive maintenance done in the department.
- Keep Plant Manager informed of problems or situations that may affect the performance of your department.
- Enforce corrective action procedures when applicable, and conduct meetings with the violating employees and human resources, if necessary.
- Conduct weekly Production/Safety meetings with departmental personnel.
- Communicate with other supervisors to avoid problems between shift changes.
- Ensure compliance with Green Bay Packaging policies pertaining to methods, procedures, records, reports, conduct, etc., of all employees under your direction.
- Recommend training needs to Plant Manager.
- Maintain integrity regarding confidential and proprietary information.
- Ensure that the customer is the first priority.
Note: Management reserves the right to assign or reassign functions and responsibilities to this job description at any time.
Green Bay Packaging, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and offers a highly valued, competitive and comprehensive benefits program.
Join a team dedicated to true employee empowerment and long-term success by applying today at gbp.com/careers or feel free to call 920-542-1820 for further information.