Job Purpose: The Production Supervisor leads the daily activities of assigned production personnel with responsibility for interacting with Planning, Purchasing, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, Facilities and other departments to achieve maximum quality and cost effectiveness in an on-time, safe, and efficient manner. Success in this role is defined by daily order execution, workforce flexibility, employee onboarding, productivity/efficiency, process adherence, and training/development in production. This will be measured by ongoing improvements in driving quality, schedule attainment, Safety, and productivity/efficiency.
Core Job Duties
- Support production staff by ensuring safe, timely, and efficient completion of manufacturing schedules while working with the production manager, production leads, and manufacturing engineering to improve overall production efficiency.
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of production personnel to ensure that production objectives are met and quality and safety standards are maintained
- Interface with supply chain, production planning, and sales operations team as required to ensure customer requirements are consistently being satisfied.
- Select, coach, and develop staff. Set clear expectations to inspire and motivate the team. Manage performance—recognizing achievement, providing feedback and administering progressive discipline when necessary.
- Assure all assigned personnel are adhering to company policies and procedures and maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
- Champion and drive continuous improvement activities relating to safety, quality, productivity, delivery, and inventory in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Ensure that all productions employees have been properly trained and that all training has been properly documented
Minimum Requirements for job:
Education and Experience:
- Requires a minimum of an Associate’s Degree preferably in Manufacturing Operations or in a relevant technical field; 5 years of manufacturing experience with 3+ years in a supervisory role in an electronic/electro-mechanical manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with contemporary manufacturing and quality tools and techniques.
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
- Working knowledge of SAP or equivalent ERP system
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, be accountable, build trust and set the example for the team.
- Must possess strong analytical skills and have an ability to identify and solve manufacturing process issues.
- Able to work independently without close supervision.
- Experience with lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, 5S, AQPQ, and OSHA Safety requirements preferred
- Experience within an ISO9001 environment
- Willingness to take a ‘hands-on’ approach to supporting manufacturing
- Ability to travel domestically on occasion. Some lifting of tooling, parts and various equipment (up to 50lb)