Jones Dairy Farm, a family owned and operated business for over 130 years, is seeking a Quality Assurance Manager. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced individual that can demonstrate leadership, organization, a high level of accuracy, and attention to detail.
This position is responsible for strengthening the food safety and quality systems throughout the plant. The QA Manager will oversee the function and performance of the Plant QA and Regulatory Affairs staff. They will prepare and lead all audit functions and provide recommendations for corrective and preventive actions. Partnering with Manufacturing to ensure product compliance is an essential element of the position.
- Provide leadership for continued growth of internal quality systems
- Lead and oversee development, implementation, and maintenance of the current audits and certifications (SQF, organic, USDA)
- Responsible for annual HACCP assessments
- Perform root cause analysis for customer complaints and production deviations
- Identify and execute department cost savings
- Works cooperatively with Manufacturing, Product Development, and QA Lab
- Post-secondary degree in a food or meat science
- SQF and HACCP Certified
- Supervisory experience required, preferably within the food manufacturing industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Flexible scheduling of hours, including weekends as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision