Communications and Marketing AssistantThe Communications and Marketing Assistant (CMA) will advance the mission of Fort Atkinson Community Foundation (FACF) by strategically communicating FACF’s mission, vision and values in a consistent and high-profile manner. Vehicles for the distribution of these messages include but are not limited to: electronic and print publications, website, social media, news media, events, and video. In carrying out these activities, the CMA will work under the supervision of the FACF Executive Director to develop key materials and messages for their constituencies, and secure design and other consultant expertise as needed. The position reports to the Executive Director.
This is a part-time position of approximately 16 hours/week.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Identify, develop and communicate compelling stories that reflect FACF’s work
• Assist with producing annual report, electronic newsletter, and other FACF productions
• Build strong media relationships and engage media in FACF’s work
• Implement a communications plan, differentiating target audiences and creating content for each, and identify appropriate metrics to evaluate effectiveness
• Represent FACF at community events
• Build and monitor FACF social media presence
• Maintain and update FACF website
• Assist with FACF events including promotion, planning and execution
• Maintain/update FACF photo gallery
• Additional duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills; ability to develop and tell compelling stories
• Strong organizational and project management skills; attention to detail
• Proficient in MS Office, web content management, and social media platforms
• Strong work ethic; solid ethical compass; ability to maintain confidentiality
Education and/or Experience
Undergraduate degree required. A minimum of two years of experience in communications, journalism, marketing or a related field is preferred.
The Fort Atkinson Community Foundation was founded in 1973. Its mission is to improve the quality of life in Fort Atkinson by inspiring and supporting enduring philanthropy. The organization does this by celebrating the generosity of our community; being a nimble, responsive organization that helps kind-hearted donors support their passions; and by believing in engagement, improvement, integrity, collaboration, lifelong learning, and equal opportunity.
FACF has a dual focus - working with donors to connect them to the causes they care about most; and working with nonprofits to utilize grant funding in effective and efficient ways.
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and a resume with references to email@example.com by the end of the day on Friday, April 24, 2020. The position will remain open until filled.