Produces and executes on-air radio show that is both entertaining and informative to the listening audience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Plays music as specified by music director and music log.
• Writes script, contests and interview questions.
• Memorizes script, reads, or ad-libs to identify station, introduce and close shows, and announce station breaks, commercials, or public service information.
• Prepares and creates a topical show by gathering information from wire copy, periodicals, computer and television.
• Reads news flash to keep audience informed of important events.
• Records interviews of guest, musical or other famous or public personalities, and edits interviews.
• Interviews guest, and moderates panel or discussion show to entertain audience.
• Answers phone lines and interviews members of listening audience who telephone musical requests. Airs contests according to the specifications of the program director.
• Plans and stages community events, including hosting and assisting at charity functions.
Attends live, in-person appearances as scheduled by the station or requested by clients.
• Provides live reports from site of event.
• Maintains and builds a positive cooperative attitude within the station and a strong personal community involvement.
• Sets up equipment for broadcasts and promotions at station remotes.
• Ensures logged commercials, promotions, sweepers and any other programming element essential to the station's operations are aired.
• Operates control console.
• Performs commercial production.
• Follows and enforces FCC regulations, station and company policies, including implementing station's / state's EAS procedures.
• Performs additional duties in small stations, such as production, assisting program director or music director, operating radio transmitter or writing advertising copy.
Program Director or Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 3/5/2019
Closing Date: 4/5/2019
City: Fort Atkinson - 53538
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school. Must have at least 2 years prior experience as on-air morning show host for morning show host position. Must have at least 2 years on-air experience for all other on-air positions. An equivalent combination of education and experience is desirable.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and interpret documents such as periodicals and news flashes. Ability to develop and write creative and/or informative scripts. Ability to speak effectively, entertainingly and clearly before large listening audiences and radio station clients.
REASONING ABILITY Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES Ability to operate an on-air control board, CD player, reel to reel tape recorder and remote broadcast equipment. Knowledge of Windows. Ability to use a headset. Ability to multi-task. Ability to be knowledgeable with current events and local community events. Digital experience preferred for production and on-air board operation. The ability to get along with others - specifically must be able to interact with the listening audience and clients in a professional manner. Ability to think and process information "on-the-air" is required. Requirements:
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Valid driver's license and state mandated auto insurance.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel buttons on control board; and talk and hear with a headset. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to read computer screens, news wire flashes, logs, promotional copy and/or scripts, and appropriate vision needed to drive as required for a valid driver’s license.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The stress is usually high because of the on-air pressure of stringent deadlines and timing. The employee must be able to frequently work long hours and weekends without much prior notice. Must be able to travel locally to and from remotes and special events.
in person or by mail W6355Eastern Avenue Fort Atkinson WI53538 or
email Michael Gahagan: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This fax or email has been sent using the services provided by Broadcast1Source. If you want to change your contact details, please email Aleta Gross at email@example.com