Jefferson County Fair Park is county owned and operated and has made it their mission since 1852 to provide a facility for all citizens where young and old can gather to display their talents, accomplishments, and celebrate their cultures, in order to promote education, entertainment, and economic growth in Jefferson County.
Over the years, Fair Park has grown immensely and now hosts a wide variety of events. The biggest event of the year is Jefferson County Fair, which goes on for 5 days in July and attracts approximately 45,000 people. Around 240 other types of events are also hosted including: multiple horse shows, car shows and swap meets, Gemuetlichkeit Days Festival, Dairyland Classic Dog Show, Flea Markets, Camping Rallies, Dairy Breakfasts, Pet Swaps, multiple 4-H project meetings, and various others.
In order to operate efficiently during all events through the year, Fair Park is currently hiring a Fair Park Events and Operations Manager that will manage and lead department and staff activities, oversee facilities and grounds, oversees short- and long-term goals for programs and events and steps in when the Fair Park Director is unavailable.
As a knowledgeable, organized, and customer-focused Fair Park Events and Operations Manager, you will be successful in this role by completing the below key tasks and responsibilities:
- Consult with non-fair event organizers to determine objectives and requirements for events, such as meeting or space layout, transportation for participants, facilities, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, printing, event security, and audio-visual equipment
- Meet with event organizers and prepares quotes and ensures they have what they need
- Plan, prepare, and oversee County Fair activities to include space layout, transportation, food vendors, signage, displays, marketing, special needs requirements, audio and video requirements, and other equipment requirements
- Negotiate, prepare quotes, and monitor agreements and contracts for services with vendors, contractors, and other county departments
- Write requests for proposals and bid specifications. Get quotes for improvements and capital projects. Prepare requests for County capital improvement budget. Present equipment, building, and maintenance budget needs.
- Variety of other tasks necessary.
Salary Range: $62,684 - $69,896 annually; starting pay based on qualifications.
Hours: Monday through Friday; 40 hours/week; some nights and weekends necessary and depending on events
Benefits: Eligible for our excellent benefit package with details at the below link
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Parks and Recreation, Agriculture, or closely related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two years’ supervisor experience and experience with facility or trade shows including budgeting, facilities and grounds, and maintenance (HVAC, carpentry, welding)
- Valid driver’s license
Applications will be accepted as long as position is posted, however, initial screening of applicants will begin: March 1, 2021
Application and position details are available at www.jeffersoncountywi.gov or Jefferson County Human Resources: 311 S. Center Ave. Room 111, Jefferson, WI 53549.
Jefferson County is an Equal Opportunity Employer