HOPPE North America, Inc. is a local manufacturer of window and door hardware with a great atmosphere, small company benefits with the security of a larger parent. HOPPE's low turnover rates speak to its employee satisfaction, competitive pay and benefits. Come join our team!
The Procurement Specials / Buyer is a full-time position responsible for the procurement of supplies and services, raw materials, semi-finished and finished goods. Excellent benefit package including PTO in the first year, 11+ holidays per year, health insurance the first of the month following hire, 401k matching, and much more.
- Evaluate and manage existing and potential suppliers
- Ensure timely acquisition of products and services from known sources of supply
- Actively source new products and alternate sources
- Comply with purchasing policies and procedures as well as suggest improvements as experience provides
- Negotiate, place, and maintain purchase orders
- Resolve issues in the areas of purchase order accuracy and completeness, receiving, and invoicing variances
- Manage and update data in MRP system
- Represent HOPPE North America when interfacing with other companies. This includes conduction meetings with suppliers, communicating material specifications, negotiating pricing, delivery commitments, resolving quality issues.
- Participate and/or coordinate activities with other functional areas such as engineering, product management, quality, and accounting, to achieve maximum customer service
- Identify and drive activities to improve the supply chain of HOPPE North America
Apply directly via email to email@example.com or through Indeed.com
- Preferred minimum of two years direct related experience, but encourage all levels of experience to apply
- Experience with supplier negotiation and conflict resolution
- Ability to manage projects
- Demonstrated understanding of MRP, inventory and production principles
- Ability to multi-task
- Forward thinker, open to presenting and accepting new ideas
- Team player, interested in cross-training
- Proven results in driving supplier improvement and cost reduction programs
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Dynamics AX experience a plus