Semi Truck DriverCompany description
Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately owned, vertically integrated company consisting of corrugated container plants, folding cartons, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs more than 4,000 team members and operates over 30 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com.Division description
Located in Fort Atkinson, WI, the Wisconsin Packaging Division specializes in the design and manufacturing of corrugated packaging and displays. To stay competitive, we emphasize continuous improvement in technology, efficiency, and design.Job descriptionSUMMARY: Responsible for various activities associated with the fulfillment and pack-out procedures and processes associated with company projects. Responsible for safely and efficiently operating a tractor-trailer or bobtail truck to deliver sheets or finished products to customers and in accordance with state laws.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Read and follow instructions as provided by the supervisor.
- Keep tractor clean and organized.
- Responsible for all activities associated with safely operating and caring for the tractor.
- Complete an inspection of the tractor at the beginning of each shift and turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs. Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
- Perform daily services such as - checking the oil level, water level, fuel, air in tires, and clean vehicle as needed.
- Maximize time/efficiency on tasks assigned.
- Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Driver’s Trip Sheet, Shipping Data, and Safety Data.
- Complete daily timecard, driver logs, and all other work reports accurately and in a timely manner.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Adheres to shipping schedules. Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals.
- Able to read and follow instructions on bill of ladings.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form.
- Ability to meet or exceed the Operating Standards in the areas of quality, cost, safety, customer satisfaction and productivity.
- Load/unload or assist in loading/unloading finished product in or from trailer.
- Inspect load in trailer to ensure it is properly loaded and it is the correct load before leaving.
- Verify count while truck is being unloaded, as allowed by customers.
- Transport load by required route to proper destination while observing all traffic laws and safety regulations.
- Obtain shipping bill of lading and necessary signatures and return completed paperwork to shipping office.
- Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, and volume.
- Ability to apply product quality specifications and quality standards.
- High School Degree or G.E.D.
- 1+ years of Delivery preferred.
- Ability to receive and maintain a DOT Medical Examiner’s Card.
- All candidates must possess a clean driving record and criminal background. Candidates will also be subject to a drug screen to be considered for the position.
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.