Art and Entertainment
Fort Atkinson is HOME to…
- Wisconsin’s number one motorcoach destination, The Fireside Dinner Theatre, featuring Broadway musicals, fine dining, and boutique gift shops in a one-of-a-kind setting.
- The Hoard Historical Museum and National Dairy Shrine, where the history of Wisconsin’s dairy industry and Indian Mounds are brought to life.
- The architecturally prominent Barrie Park Band Shell, where the Community Band performs in conjunction with old-fashioned ice cream socials, and the Summer Charity Concerts preside over families on picnic blankets and dancing children.
- The Mary Hoard Art Show, one of the longest-running, juried art shows in Wisconsin.
- The Fort Atkinson Community Theatre, where locals get the opportunity to showcase their musical and thespian talents.
- The award-winning high school show choir, marching band, jazz band and orchestra, all of which contribute to Fort Atkinson being recognized as one of the Best Communities for Music Education by the NAMM Foundation.
- The Lorine Niedecker Wisconsin Poetry Festival, held in honor of the twentieth-century modern American poet who lived most of her life on the shores of the Rock River.
- Rhapsody the community’s end-of-summer block party and musical celebration, held annually in August.
Salty Earth Pictures
The Studio Experience
Through original programming, feature motion pictures, internet-based network, Salty Earth Pictures is reaching countless people around the world with entertainment that challenges minds, lightens hearts and strengthens souls. Through “Studio Experience”, Salty Earth Pictures offers an opportunity to have a hands-on experience in a motion picture production facility. Guests will add sound effects to a movie, shoot and produce three-camera TV shots, learn about the magic of special effects and much more!
For more information, contact Salty Earth Pictures at email@example.com or (414) 587-7615