September Spotlight: United Way of Jefferson & North Walworth Counties
September Non-Profit Spotlight: United Way of Jefferson& North Walworth Counties
United Way is committed to fighting for the health, education and financial stability of every person in our communities. This mission translates into this year’s campaign, “United for All”. "United For All" encourages community members to get involved in efforts to help others. It spurs motivation to engage in meaningful, productive conversations. It reminds us that being a part of a community bears a responsibility to actively participate in the wellness and strength of that community. It pushes us to do our part and help our friend, neighbors and co-workers when they need us.
There are lots of ways to get involved in this annual campaign season and beyond!
- Donate to the campaign as an individual, company or organization
- Apply to become a partner agency (an organization that is approved for quarterly grant funding)
- Apply for pillar grant funding (funds available for community enhancement projects, community events, and/or community programs)
- Like & follow our Facebook page (@uwjnwc) and share posts
- Sign up on the website to receive email newsletters
United Way also works behind the scenes on a variety of community programs including Ride United (a free transportation program), the United Grove community garden, volunteer database, and community support call center (Dial 2-1-1). In 2021, United Way is providing a total of $270,673 in grant funding to programs focused on health, education, and financial stability in our communities.
- Donate: https://uwjnwc.com/get-involved/give/
- Volunteer: https://uwjnwc.com/get-involved/volunteer/
- Website: https://uwjnwc.com/
- Season of Caring: September 27th – November 14th
- Chili Cook-off: Saturday, November 13th (following the Chamber holiday parade)
Check out this year's campaign videos on the top 10 reasons to support United Way at the link below!